- TriboShield® brings performance improvements through better friction management in complex sliding surfaces where traditional bearings cannot operate, leading to energy savings, simpler designs and lower system costs.
- Self-lubricating GGB polymer coatings are specially formulated to deliver a wide array of benefits such as low friction, and resistance to wear, corrosion and chemicals.
- Early involvement by GGB’s experienced engineers can help optimize your design and ensure a more effective, customized and cost-effective solution.
GGB, an industry leader and innovator in tribology and surface engineering technologies, announces the launch of its new TriboShield® line of polymer coatings. These self-lubricating products will serve to increase equipment longevity and performance in many industries, including automotive, aerospace and other industrial applications.
At the forefront of advancing polymer coating technologies, this new product line helps to improve performance through reduced friction, increased wear life, reduced system noise and improved corrosion resistance, all while reducing system costs. Coatings can also be applied to nearly any surface, regardless of shape and material.
“Moving beyond being just a bearing producer to becoming a true innovation partner and solution provider for our customers has solidified our vision for the future, and TriboShield® is a true manifestation of that,” said Derek Marsella, Coatings Business Unit Leader for GGB. “With its endless possibilities and benefits, we can’t wait to see what we can accomplish together with our customers. The fact that we are able to formulate our own proprietary coatings and supply coated components in low- and high-volume series production under one roof is sure to make our customers' lives easier.”
This new line of tribo-coatings includes seven standard formulations that cover the full spectrum of mechanical, thermal, tribological and chemical capabilities offered by today’s polymer materials. The versatility of TriboShield®is virtually endless with GGB’s experienced scientists and in-house ability to formulate and customize our coatings to the specific needs of the customer’s applications.
Additional features of the TriboShield®line include:
- Reduced surface requirements with no need for fine machining or surface hardening
- Elimination of the need for expensive corrosion-resistant alloys
- Reduced reliance on additional lubricationDirect application to customer components, eliminating the need for assembly or additional inventory
- Compatibility with steel, stainless steel, aluminum, titanium, magnesium and various plastic components
Click here for more information on the launch of TriboShield® and to contact a coatings specialist.
To download high-resolution images of TriboShield® coatings, go here.
GGB helps create a world of motion with minimal frictional loss through plain bearing and surface engineering technologies. With R&D, testing and production facilities in the United States, Germany, France, Brazil, Slovakia and China, GGB partners with customers worldwide on customized tribological design solutions that are efficient and environmentally sustainable. GGB’s engineers bring their expertise and passion for tribology to a wide range of industries, including automotive, aerospace and industrial manufacturing. To learn more about GGB’s surface engineering for reliable tribology, visit www.ggbearings.com.
GGB is an EnPro Industries company (NYSE: NPO).