Maintenance issues, downtime and increased costs caused by unreliable bearings are challenges that many applications in the renewable energy industry face. That’s why GGB offers innovative bearing solutions designed to prevent costly downtime and equipment failure in hydropower, solar and wind applications.
Specialized Solutions for Energy Applications
GGB offers a wide range of self-lubricating or water-lubricated materials suitable for a variety of hydropower, solar and wind power applications. Our tribological surface solutions offer mechanical properties that support accurate, smooth tracking:
- Grease-free bearings that are more environmentally friendly
- Corrosion resistant in wet environments
- Low friction and wear for extended life
- Low water absorption for dimensional stability
- Reduced or no maintenance
Hydropower Dam Turbines
Main Shaft Bearing
Advancing energy applications for a brighter future
Rely on Tribological Expertise
- Our tribological experts have the knowledge and experience to provide innovative bearing solutions for even the most challenging applications. GGB is the industry leader in the development of advanced surface engineering solutions.
Commit to Sustainability with State-of-the-Art Materials
- We’ve worked closely with our customers to develop surface engineering solutions for use in photovoltaic solar power generation facilities with tracking solar panels. Our bearings feature excellent UV and abrasion resistance in addition to a low coefficient of friction and lightweight design, and many of our solutions are compliant with EVL, WEEE and RoHS specifications.
Lower Environmental Impact
- Greaseless, lead-free GGB plain bearings comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations to restrict the use of hazardous materials in electrical and electronic equipment.
Exceptional Reliability in Extreme Conditions
GGB experts are available to deliver solutions for renewable energy industries. GGB responds to each application’s specific needs with a vast range of standard or custom bearings to offer high load capacities, low friction and wear, reliable and long service life even in the most extreme weather conditions, low water absorption for dimensional stability and excellent corrosion resistance.