Bearing Application Requirements
Heavy-duty automatic transmissions are fitted to large diesel engines in many types of construction equipment such as articulating dump trucks, mining trucks and others.
Low friction plain bushings help improve efficiency by reducing power loss, one of the major performance requirements for these transmissions.
GGB Transmission Bearing Solution
Specifically designed for high performance in lubricated environments, DP31 cylindrical bushings and thrust washers are widely used in transmission applications. These include planetary gear sets and carriers, main shaft and rear output shaft bearings and reverse idler gears, differential gears, torque converters, sector drives and accessory drives.
The structure of the low-friction bushings consists of a rigid steel backing, to which is bonded a porous bronze sinter interlayer impregnated and overlaid with a filled PTFE bearing layer. This robust structure enables the bearings to withstand high specific loads, and the PTFE-based sliding layer provides excellent low friction performance.
GGB Heavy-Duty Bearings - Benefits
Benefits gained from using DP31 plain bushings are:
- Tolerance of mixed film lubrication and lubricant starvation with a self-lubricating low friction sliding layer
- Precise tolerances, dimensional stability and high wear resistance for long bearing service life
- One-piece construction for easy assembly without the need for expensive tooling and equipment
- Quiet operation with no moving parts
- Lead-free composition in compliance with RoHS and ELV directives