Provides technical knowledge, advice and support to sales representatives, resellers and customers during the sales process and in response to general enquiries to help establish effective bearing solutions that bring value to both GGB and its customers.
- Work closely with platinum and gold customers to develop strong customer relationships by thoroughly understanding their technical needs to ensure successful bearing solutions for their current and future needs
- Review and validate engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules to ensure that customers' technical requirements are met
- Analyse customer specifications, carry out appropriate technical calculations and general bearing design to establish effective product selection and prepare technical proposals for customer
- Help support GGB’s drive for growth through Technical VOC, market research and application studies to identify new opportunities and define bearing requirements for potential new prospects
- Develops technical guidelines and application notes that clearly describe how the organization's products should be used in the customers' target application
- Interact with various internal functions as and when necessary to ensure customer bearing needs are met effectively and appropriate ISO standards are met (eg. PPAP, APQP)
- Works closely with customer and the sales team, Technology dpt and Manufacturing.
- Works as effectively as part of a global AE team, sharing knowledge, coaching and mentoring as appropriate BSC Mechanical Engineering Degree
- 3 to 5 yr minimum work experience in a similar role
- Ability to solve complex problems; Creative problem solving nature with ‘can do’ attitude
- Willing to mentor and coach colleagues with less experience
- Good communication skills (English and, if relevant, local language)
- Displays a professional and confident mannerism,self awareness and respect for others that is conducive to team working and establishing customer intimacy. Good active listening skills.
- Self motivated, keen to learn and develop, capable of working autonomously. Takes inititiative.
- Capable of reading engineering drawings: good understanding of design & geometric tolerances
- Openness to sharing knowledge and learning from others
- Interest and willingness to travel
- Nice to have (but will be developed if not)
- Basic understanding of Tribology
- Basic understanding of materials, particularly polymers & metals
- Basic understanding of bearings and their function in applications
- Solidworks experience
Experience in any of the following markets would be advantageous: Automotive, Energy (renewable, oil & gas etc), Aerospace, construction and agriculture , Fluid power systems (pumps, compressors etc)